Quantcast

Aerodoc sales agent location string updated?

Aerodoc sales agent location string updated?

columfoskin
Hey all,

I am working on building a node.js version of the backend aerodoc demo system and I am wondering if anybody knows if the location string for a sales agent is updated at all?

I know that the lat/longs are updated when the agent signs into the client android app.

I am trying to replicate functionality and I think that the agents location string is never updated and is just hardcoded on startup.

Does anybody know if this is the case?

Thanks,
Colum.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerodoc sales agent location string updated?

Daniel Passos
Hi,

Not sure if I got your question, but I have added sales agent track on Android version. You can see more about it here[1][2]

[1] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-cookbook/pull/72
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-backend-cookbook/tree/master/AeroDoc#put-restsaleagentsid

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:40 PM, columfoskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I am working on building a node.js version of the backend aerodoc demo
system and I am wondering if anybody knows if the location string for a
sales agent is updated at all?

I know that the lat/longs are updated when the agent signs into the client
android app.

I am trying to replicate functionality and I think that the agents location
string is never updated and is just hardcoded on startup.

Does anybody know if this is the case?

Thanks,
Colum.

-- Passos

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerodoc sales agent location string updated?

Julio Cesar Sanchez Hernandez
Hi.

The Android app is not updating the location string, but it can be done.

You can add this to the updateLocation method on MainActivity.java
Geocoder geocoder = new Geocoder(this, Locale.getDefault());
try {
List<Address> addresses = geocoder.getFromLocation(location.getLatitude(), location.getLongitude(), 1);
saleAgent.setLocation(addresses.get(0).getLocality());
} catch (IOException e) {

}

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 5:40 PM, columfoskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I am working on building a node.js version of the backend aerodoc demo
system and I am wondering if anybody knows if the location string for a
sales agent is updated at all?

I know that the lat/longs are updated when the agent signs into the client
android app.

I am trying to replicate functionality and I think that the agents location
string is never updated and is just hardcoded on startup.

Does anybody know if this is the case?

Thanks,
Colum.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerodoc sales agent location string updated?

columfoskin
Hi Daniel,

Yes I am aware that the track movement has been added to the android application, I have been using it today to test my backend and it has helped lots, thanks.

My question is now that this is working, does the aerodoc backend just use these with the maps feature?

or are these also used to update a sales agents location string to correspond with the new updated lat/long pair? If not this is fine, I was wondering if I had it right.

@Julio - Thanks for that, I was wondering if that exact feature was on either the android or the aerodoc server.

Yes, you can see that in this video => https://youtu.be/IVMHW1uzrH4?t=476