Quantcast

Aerogear UPS 1.1.0: Feature request: make deleteOutdatedPushInformationData configurable

Aerogear UPS 1.1.0: Feature request: make deleteOutdatedPushInformationData configurable

gklein
Aerogear UPS 1.1.0 collects outdated push message infos in a batch job (calls PushMessageMetricsService#deleteOutdatedPushInformationData). The outdated criteria is currently hardcoded to 30 days.

Feature request: It would be nice to have this time configurable. E.g. when sending out a lot of pushes over time the db can get quite big (the message payloads are persisted). We do not need all those information (is contained in our logs anyways) and it would be ok to have push message info deleted e.g. after 5 days.

Regards, Gunther Klein

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear UPS 1.1.0: Feature request: make deleteOutdatedPushInformationData configurable

Luke Holmquist
i'd imagine this could be possible in the UI.

perhaps even the ability to purge at will.

are you able to create a JIRA at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH/

if not, i can do it

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 7:51 AM, gklein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Aerogear UPS 1.1.0 collects outdated push message infos in a batch job (calls
PushMessageMetricsService#deleteOutdatedPushInformationData). The outdated
criteria is currently hardcoded to 30 days.

Feature request: It would be nice to have this time configurable. E.g. when
sending out a lot of pushes over time the db can get quite big (the message
payloads are persisted). We do not need all those information (is contained
in our logs anyways) and it would be ok to have push message info deleted
e.g. after 5 days.

Regards, Gunther Klein

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear UPS 1.1.0: Feature request: make deleteOutdatedPushInformationData configurable

Hi Gunther,

for starters, we csn do a system propterty. Later on, we can have it on the ui.

Is that ok?

PS: can you file a JIRA for that?

On Monday, 11 January 2016, gklein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Aerogear UPS 1.1.0 collects outdated push message infos in a batch job (calls
PushMessageMetricsService#deleteOutdatedPushInformationData). The outdated
criteria is currently hardcoded to 30 days.

Feature request: It would be nice to have this time configurable. E.g. when
sending out a lot of pushes over time the db can get quite big (the message
payloads are persisted). We do not need all those information (is contained
in our logs anyways) and it would be ok to have push message info deleted
e.g. after 5 days.

Regards, Gunther Klein

Sent from Gmail Mobile

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gunther,

for starters, we csn do a system propterty. Later on, we can have it on the ui.

Is that ok?

PS: can you file a JIRA for that?
lol,  we are thinking the same thing.  looks like you missed my email  ;)

On Monday, 11 January 2016, gklein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Aerogear UPS 1.1.0 collects outdated push message infos in a batch job (calls
PushMessageMetricsService#deleteOutdatedPushInformationData). The outdated
criteria is currently hardcoded to 30 days.

Feature request: It would be nice to have this time configurable. E.g. when
sending out a lot of pushes over time the db can get quite big (the message
payloads are persisted). We do not need all those information (is contained
in our logs anyways) and it would be ok to have push message info deleted
e.g. after 5 days.

Regards, Gunther Klein

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear UPS 1.1.0: Feature request: make deleteOutdatedPushInformationData configurable

gklein
Hi!

Thanks for your replies. I think a system property would be perferrable and sufficient in our case. Additional ui support is nice to have.

Can you file the jira ticket for me please. I would have to sign up first. Here is the description:
----

Aerogear UPS 1.1.0 collects outdated push message infos in a batch job (calls to PushMessageMetricsService#deleteOutdatedPushInformationData). The outdated criteria is currently hardcoded to 30 days (PushMessageMetricsService#DAYS_OF_MAX_OLDEST_INFO_MSG). This time should be made configurable via system property. If the system property is not set the default value (30 days) should be used.

---

Regards, Gunther Klein

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear UPS 1.1.0: Feature request: make deleteOutdatedPushInformationData configurable

Matthias Wessendorf
cool, will do.

PR will come soon ;)

On Tuesday, 12 January 2016, gklein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/670

@Guenter, it won't make it into the 1.1.x series

However, no big deal for us to run a 1.2.0-alpha.1 somewhat soon - there was some talks about that on our dev list as well...

-M