[Aerogear-users] AeroGear UnifiedPush Server 1.1.3 goes idle every couple of days

[Aerogear-users] AeroGear UnifiedPush Server 1.1.3 goes idle every couple of days

Walto, David
We have an AeroGear UnifiedPush Server 1.1.3 that goes idle every couple of days. If a device tries to register when it's idle the registration fails. The only way I found to wake it up is to restart it. Is there something I can change to prevent it from going to the Idle state?

Thanks,
David Walto
Senior Application Engineer | EMR Engineering and Integration
Baystate Health | Information & Technology
1550 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01199

Please view our annual report at http://www.bhannualreport.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at 413-794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's privacy policy, please visit our Internet site at https://www.baystatehealth.org.

Re: [Aerogear-users] AeroGear UnifiedPush Server 1.1.3 goes idle every couple of days

Matthias Wessendorf
any logs? or stack trace?
whats the size of the variant? number iof devices?

On Friday, 27 January 2017, Walto, David <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [Aerogear-users] AeroGear UnifiedPush Server 1.1.3 goes idle every couple of days

Walto, David

Are there any logs I can look at on OpenShift?  If so where are they.  I only have about 2 variants and 8 devices registered.  I haven’t been able to move this to production because it of the idle issue.

Every couple of days this is what I get, and to wake it up I need to restart it.

Thanks,

David Walto

Senior Application Engineer | EMR Engineering and Integration

Baystate Health | Information & Technology

1550 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01199 | p: 413-794-0627  | f: 413-794-5570

Re: [Aerogear-users] AeroGear UnifiedPush Server 1.1.3 goes idle every couple of days

Matthias Wessendorf
ah,

that's a feature on Openshift - if there is no activity, after 48 hours (I think) the gear goes idle.
as a work-around, create a cron, doing a simple http-get ping? would that be OK ?