Quantcast

[Aerogear-users] Aerogear EncryptedSQLStore passphrase update

[Aerogear-users] Aerogear EncryptedSQLStore passphrase update

Simon Rolin
Hi,

I'm playing with Aerogear PasswordManager (https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-cookbook) but I can't find out how to update passphrase ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear EncryptedSQLStore passphrase update

Daniel Passos

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Simon Rolin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing with Aerogear PasswordManager (https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-cookbook) but I can't find out how to update passphrase ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

-- Passos

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear EncryptedSQLStore passphrase update

Simon Rolin
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the answer. I already read that… What I would like is to be able to update the passphrase.

So user choose a password, use the app, after a week, user want to update the passphrase, what does I have to do from a dev point of view ?

Thanks a lot !

Simon

On mar. 20 déc. 2016 at 13:11 Daniel Passos <">Daniel Passos > wrote:

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Simon Rolin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing with Aerogear PasswordManager (https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-cookbook) but I can't find out how to update passphrase ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

-- Passos

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear EncryptedSQLStore passphrase update

Daniel Passos
For security there is no easy way to do that. What you need to do is:

1) Decrypt all data
2) Save it somewhere (in memory for example)
3) Remove all encrypted data from the database
4) Encrypt the data again with the new passphrase