[Aerogear-users] Aerogear with phonegap plugin

[Aerogear-users] Aerogear with phonegap plugin

Nixad Smith
Hi ,

I'm trying to implement push notification with Aerogear unified push server and phonegap plugin(phonegap-plugin-push).
One the application is installed and lauched , it registers with GCM and the devicetoken is registered with Aerogear UPS using the RESTful api.

I was able to send push notification from Aerogear admin console to the mobile application if any one criteria ( variant/alias/devicetype) is provided.
If none of the criteria is being set then the notifications are not being received.

Any inputs on this would be really helpful.

Regards,
Nixad

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear with phonegap plugin

Nixad Smith
Thanks for your response.
One of our requirement is the client to be independent of the push server (as the notification would be coming for GCM/APNS etc) so we decided to go with phonegap.
Could this be a bug at the push server? Because I do not get the notification when there is no criteria set but I get the notification when I provide the variantid or alias  or device type.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear with phonegap plugin

Matthias Wessendorf

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Nixad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your response.
One of our requirement is the client to be independent of the push server (as the notification would be coming for GCM/APNS etc) so we decided to go with phonegap.
Could this be a bug at the push server? Because I do not get the notification when there is no criteria

if no criteria is present we auto register the client on a FCM topic:

So, that's why - becuase PhoneGab does not do that. It's a feature of the UPS and it's SDKs.

set but I get the notification when I provide the variantid or alias  or device type.

correct, these things are excluded, and not handled via GCM/FCM topics, see:

Re: [Aerogear-users] Aerogear with phonegap plugin

Erik Jan de Wit
One of our requirement is the client to be independent of the push server (as the notification would be coming for GCM/APNS etc) so we decided to go with phonegap.

What would be the difference between using the phonegap plugin and after registration letting UPS know about this new installation. Or having a plugin that does what the phonegap plugin does and automatically let's UPS know as well?

--
Cheers,
       Erik Jan