[Aerogear-users] Documentation Endpoints

[Aerogear-users] Documentation Endpoints

Philipp Koetz, mVISE AG

Hello,

is there some kind of documentation which endpoints (Google, Android, etc.) are called potentially? We would need this to configure our firewall.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Documentation Endpoints

Matthias Wessendorf
No, not yet :-)

But I think it's a good idea, for these reasons.

HEre is a list of services

Google (GCM)
-> will be https://fcm.googleapis.com:443 at some point, once we are on Firebase Cloud Messaging

Apple (APNs)
production:

At some point the proprietary protocol will be replaced with HTTP/2, than it will be:

Amazon:

Not really sure for Windows, but I think it's these two:

I will send a PR to our website to document these.

Thanks for asking, Philipp!

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Philipp Koetz, mVISE AG <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

is there some kind of documentation which endpoints (Google, Android, etc.) are called potentially? We would need this to configure our firewall.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Documentation Endpoints

Philipp Koetz, mVISE AG

Thanks for your fast reply! This saves a lot of time :)

Is there also a Deeplink for registering devices? I'm looking currently in the documentation for the clients and just found [server address]/ag-push.

As i see it would not possible to login if /auth is not accessible but /ag-push. If i'am right it should be save to expose /ag-push directly to the internet. Can you confirm this?

Re: [Aerogear-users] Documentation Endpoints

Matthias Wessendorf
See here:

these are the enpoints the devices, and the sender libs (e.g. node/java) talk to. they are not protected by Keycloak, they use HHTP_Basic

I'd say those are enoguh, if the Admin-UI should not be exposed

-M

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Philipp Koetz, mVISE AG <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for your fast reply! This saves a lot of time :)

Is there also a Deeplink for registering devices? I'm looking currently in the documentation for the clients and just found [server address]/ag-push.

As i see it would not possible to login if /auth is not accessible but /ag-push. If i'am right it should be save to expose /ag-push directly to the internet. Can you confirm this?

Re: [Aerogear-users] Documentation Endpoints

Matthias Wessendorf
ah, btw. ...

perhaps this is something you also might be interested in:

haven't tried that recently... but it used to work :)