[Aerogear-users] Health Info Endpoint

mfischelmayer

Hello,

How is the Health Status Enpoint protected?

I get an 401 but I can’t find the protection method in the rest docu.

https://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-unifiedpush-rest/index.html#-2006359689

Thanks and Regards
Michael

Re: [Aerogear-users] Health Info Endpoint

Sebastien Blanc
Hi Michael,

The health endpoint is protected by Keycloak, you can see here the different patterns on how the endpoints are protected https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/servers/ups-wildfly/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Here also a sample on how you could call this endpoint from a third party  app/lib: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/node.js/directgranttest.js
Here we create a Push Application but you could adapt it easily to ping the health endpoint.

Sebi

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Fischelmayer Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

How is the Health Status Enpoint protected?

I get an 401 but I can’t find the protection method in the rest docu.

https://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-unifiedpush-rest/index.html#-2006359689

Thanks and Regards
Michael

Re: [Aerogear-users] Health Info Endpoint

Matthias Wessendorf

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

The health endpoint is protected by Keycloak, you can see here the different patterns on how the endpoints are protected https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/servers/ups-wildfly/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

I'd not change that.

Here also a sample on how you could call this endpoint from a third party  app/lib: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/node.js/directgranttest.js
Here we create a Push Application but you could adapt it easily to ping the health endpoint.

the readme contains some hints on the required Keycloak update for that

Actually, isnt it lame the UI does not show the info - somewhere ?

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

The health endpoint is protected by Keycloak, you can see here the different patterns on how the endpoints are protected https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/servers/ups-wildfly/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

I'd not change that.

Here also a sample on how you could call this endpoint from a third party  app/lib: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/node.js/directgranttest.js
Here we create a Push Application but you could adapt it easily to ping the health endpoint.

the readme contains some hints on the required Keycloak update for that

Actually, isnt it lame the UI does not show the info - somewhere ?
You mean the REST doc ?

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

That REST API doc could use some love, yes :-)

But I meant more, our own Admin UI - wouldn't it be nice if we have some sort of status UI, displaying whats going on (e.g. green/orange/red) ?

-M