[Aerogear-users] Tutorial for moving AeroGear UnifiedPush Server to a new server.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Aerogear-users] Tutorial for moving AeroGear UnifiedPush Server to a new server.

TomKrones
I want to move all my device ids to a new server (upgrading openshift installation from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 or 1.1.0 when it’s out).  I have the installation down but I’m not sure how to export/import ids and move the certificates.  Is there a step by step guide for moving servers?  Is it as easy as exporting a few tables from the MySQL DB and importing them into the new MySQL DB?

Tom

_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Aerogear-users] Tutorial for moving AeroGear UnifiedPush Server to a new server.

Daniel Passos
Hi Tom,

I think you can start trying import/export your database from UPS[1], and taking a look on or migration tools[2] for upgrade version.

[1] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#_exporting_installations
[2] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#migration-guide

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Tom Krones <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to move all my device ids to a new server (upgrading openshift installation from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 or 1.1.0 when it’s out).  I have the installation down but I’m not sure how to export/import ids and move the certificates.  Is there a step by step guide for moving servers?  Is it as easy as exporting a few tables from the MySQL DB and importing them into the new MySQL DB?

Tom

_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users




--
-- Passos

_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Aerogear-users] Tutorial for moving AeroGear UnifiedPush Server to a new server.

TomKrones
Thanks Daniel.

Cool.  Looks like exporting/importing the device IDs is easy but how do I handle the exporting/importing of the Applications, Variants, Application ID, Master Secret, Certificates, etc?  I was hoping to be able to spin up a new server, copy over all the data and then using DNS reroute the traffic from the old server to the new server.  I don’t totally have a handle on what I need to do to move all the information to a new server.

I tried the migration guide (aka update guide) yesterday and failed.  From what I read in the migration download readme, I don’t need to do anything to the DB if I’m already running 1.0.1 (right?) but when I tried to replace the WAR files openshift wouldn’t let me or at least I couldn’t figure out how.  :(  I’m not sure Openshift will let you edit the code if you use one of the OpenShift Online Cartridges, right?

Tom


On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tom,

I think you can start trying import/export your database from UPS[1], and taking a look on or migration tools[2] for upgrade version.

[1] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#_exporting_installations
[2] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#migration-guide

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Tom Krones <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to move all my device ids to a new server (upgrading openshift installation from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 or 1.1.0 when it’s out).  I have the installation down but I’m not sure how to export/import ids and move the certificates.  Is there a step by step guide for moving servers?  Is it as easy as exporting a few tables from the MySQL DB and importing them into the new MySQL DB?

Tom

_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users




--
-- Passos


_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Aerogear-users] Tutorial for moving AeroGear UnifiedPush Server to a new server.

Matthias Wessendorf


On Friday, July 3, 2015, Tom Krones <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Daniel.

Cool.  Looks like exporting/importing the device IDs is easy but how do I handle the exporting/importing of the Applications, Variants, Application ID, Master Secret, Certificates, etc?  I was hoping to be able to spin up a new server, copy over all the data and then using DNS reroute the traffic from the old server to the new server.  I don’t totally have a handle on what I need to do to move all the information to a new server.

I tried the migration guide (aka update guide) yesterday and failed.  From what I read in the migration download readme, I don’t need to do anything to the DB if I’m already running 1.0.1 (right?) but when I tried to replace the WAR files openshift wouldn’t let me or at least I couldn’t figure out how.  :(  I’m not sure Openshift will let you edit the code if you use one of the OpenShift Online Cartridges, right?

Hi,

there is no exprt of the entire app and its variants. I'd do the following:
* note down the PushAppID:MasterSecrete and the different VariantIDs:Secrets
* export the device metadata
* delete the openshift instance
* create a new (will now use 1.0.3), using the same name (that ensures the URL stays - no need to do some redirects via DNS)
* manually setup Push App / Variants
* import the Devices

Now - a little "hack" go to the Openshift console and add the PHP my Admin, and then go to the database, and change the PushAppID:MasterSecrete as well as all the different VariantIDs:Secrets to their original values.
 

Tom


On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Passos <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tom,

I think you can start trying import/export your database from UPS[1], and taking a look on or migration tools[2] for upgrade version.

[1] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#_exporting_installations
[2] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#migration-guide

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Tom Krones <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to move all my device ids to a new server (upgrading openshift installation from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 or 1.1.0 when it’s out).  I have the installation down but I’m not sure how to export/import ids and move the certificates.  Is there a step by step guide for moving servers?  Is it as easy as exporting a few tables from the MySQL DB and importing them into the new MySQL DB?

Tom

_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users




--
-- Passos


_______________________________________________
Aerogear-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/aerogear-users
Loading...