[Aerogear-users] UPS Device Registration Endpoints

[Aerogear-users] UPS Device Registration Endpoints

Luke Holmquist
thats right folks, i'm asking this question on a Friday before a Holiday weekend(US) at 3:52(est)

i've started to implement the Device registration endpoints in node and was just wondering what the id is here in this header

-v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "aerogear-push-id: someid"

is it something specific, or just a random number/alpha-numeric thingy

I've also decided to create this as a separate module instead of including it in the node admin client here: https://github.com/bucharest-gold/unifiedpush-admin-client
mostly becuase these registration endpoints don't needed to be KC authenticated.  and they could also be used on a IOT device or something that runs node that has webpush/simplePush or some new crazy protocol.

-Luke

Re: [Aerogear-users] UPS Device Registration Endpoints

Sebastien Blanc

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 27 mai 2016 à 21:56, Luke Holmquist <[hidden email]> a écrit :

thats right folks, i'm asking this question on a Friday before a Holiday weekend(US) at 3:52(est)

i've started to implement the Device registration endpoints in node and was just wondering what the id is here in this header

-v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "aerogear-push-id: someid"

is it something specific, or just a random number/alpha-numeric thingy
Let's wait for Matzew to confirm but I think you can ignore it. Looks like a left over from our first analytics implementation , we use now a separate endpoint (the PUT) and pass this ID as a path parameter.
We probably need to clean up the javadoc

I've also decided to create this as a separate module instead of including it in the node admin client here: https://github.com/bucharest-gold/unifiedpush-admin-client
mostly becuase these registration endpoints don't needed to be KC authenticated.  and they could also be used on a IOT device or something that runs node that has webpush/simplePush or some new crazy protocol.
Make sense , I like that

-Luke

Re: [Aerogear-users] UPS Device Registration Endpoints

Matthias Wessendorf

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 27 mai 2016 à 21:56, Luke Holmquist <[hidden email]> a écrit :

thats right folks, i'm asking this question on a Friday before a Holiday weekend(US) at 3:52(est)

i've started to implement the Device registration endpoints in node and was just wondering what the id is here in this header

-v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -H "aerogear-push-id: someid"

is it something specific, or just a random number/alpha-numeric thingy
Let's wait for Matzew to confirm but I think you can ignore it. Looks like a left over from our first analytics implementation , we use now a separate endpoint (the PUT) and pass this ID as a path parameter.
We probably need to clean up the javadoc

correct, doc error.

the thing is only relevant here:

I've also decided to create this as a separate module instead of including it in the node admin client here: https://github.com/bucharest-gold/unifiedpush-admin-client
mostly becuase these registration endpoints don't needed to be KC authenticated.
even if they were KC managed, they would be different (E.g. just bearer-only), since there is no relationship to the actual mgmt of the server.

+1 on separating these two things

-M

  and they could also be used on a IOT device or something that runs node that has webpush/simplePush or some new crazy protocol.
Make sense , I like that

-Luke

Re: [Aerogear-users] [aerogear-dev] UPS Device Registration Endpoints

Luke Holmquist
Thanks for the info guys.

Also i just released the 0.1.0 version of this https://www.npmjs.com/package/unifiedpush-registration-client

a client for doing device registration.

Currently implemented is register and unregister.  i'm working on getting the "importer" working for the next release.