[Aerogear-users] USP with external Keycloak

[Aerogear-users] USP with external Keycloak

Anton Hughes
Hi

Can somone please help us. We are looking for how we can use UPS with an already existing KC server.

We could not find any documentation on this.

Kind regards
Anton

Re: [Aerogear-users] USP with external Keycloak

Matthias Wessendorf
That's right.

It's even possible today, but there are some nasty manual steps involved.

I tried a few month ago with the Keycloak server, from the WildFly-Swarm project:

Some of the changes in that PR (e.g. the location of the JS files, URLs etc) need to be corrected.
The UPS war needs also be updated (E.g. URI), so that it works.

It's time to revisit the PR and see if we can also get a "out of the box" bundle (e.g. via KC subsystem or even their standalone distribution (containing WildFly).

-Matthias

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's right.

It's even possible today, but there are some nasty manual steps involved.

I tried a few month ago with the Keycloak server, from the WildFly-Swarm project:

Some of the changes in that PR (e.g. the location of the JS files, URLs etc) need to be corrected.
The UPS war needs also be updated (E.g. URI), so that it works.

meaning, if you do something like run both WARs on different servers, the changes from the PR need to be applied to your own work :)