[Aerogear-users] Wildfly port change and Internet requests

[Aerogear-users] Wildfly port change and Internet requests

Christopher Fahey
Hopefully someone can help me.  I want to progress to the next step of development by configuring our server to handle requests from over the internet.  Currently the server is only handling internal lan requests but it is somewhat limiting.  The port number of 8080 is not an available port number for our IP address through the firewall so I changed the Wildfly port number to 8623 and altered the firewall accordingly.   I can still access the AeroGear server on the local lan IP using the new port number and I can access the Wildfly server over the internet on port 8623 but when I try to access the application on the port over the internet, I receive an error "Internal Server Error".

Does anyone know why I am receiving this error and how to fix it?  I am familiar with Tomcat but clueless about Wildfly and even more so on how AeroGear works within Wildfly.  Any help is appreciated.

Christopher Fahey

--

Christopher Fahey
DealerRewards, Inc.

This electronic message transmission contains information from DealerRewards Inc. This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work-product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by email reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.
DISCLAIMER: Since 2006, the U.S. Government has been monitoring all internet communications. If you have information that you do not wish to have monitored, please send it using regular postal services to the address listed on our website.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Wildfly port change and Internet requests

Summers Pittman

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Christopher Fahey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hopefully someone can help me.  I want to progress to the next step of development by configuring our server to handle requests from over the internet.  Currently the server is only handling internal lan requests but it is somewhat limiting.  The port number of 8080 is not an available port number for our IP address through the firewall so I changed the Wildfly port number to 8623 and altered the firewall accordingly.   I can still access the AeroGear server on the local lan IP using the new port number and I can access the Wildfly server over the internet on port 8623 but when I try to access the application on the port over the internet, I receive an error "Internal Server Error".

Can you get us a gist of the logs?  That may help.

Additionally, is the request that goes through the firewall actually making it to WildFly.  IE is WildFly serving the internal server error.

[...]

Here is the log.  I believe that Wildfly is serving up the error since I can get through to Wildfly when I initially try that URL without the application path.

Chris

On 7/18/2016 3:45 PM, Summers Pittman wrote:

[...]

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28410%29%20924-3185" value="+14109243185" target="_blank">(410) 924-3185

server.log.2016-07-18 (261K) Download Attachment

Re: [Aerogear-users] Wildfly port change and Internet requests

Summers Pittman
So I have Apache proxying SSL to a wildfly instance because I didn't want to set up the same certificate in Wildfly.  I ended up having to add "proxy-address-forwarding="true" to my http listener stanza.

I know it isn't the same thing you have but it sounds like a similar problem IE WildFly isn't getting the https memo correctly.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Christopher Fahey <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Still unable to login.  I got past the SSL issue but it seems there is another configuration issue.  How about how to handle this error:

Invalid parameter: redirect_uri

[...]

[Aerogear-users] Completely frustrated

Christopher Fahey

I am still trying to get this whole thing to work properly.  It started out working just on the local network but then I tried to both change the port number for the incoming connections and also have it work from the internet.  I was able to get the server to come up on the internet and using both a different port as well as SSL for the connections.  For the last 3 weeks I have been trying to get the Android app of mine to work against this configuration.  The problem is that I am using a self-signed certificate within Wildfly but Android is rejecting it.  I have had no luck pinning a certificate to use.  I built my app using Cordova and none of the plugins will allow me to accept the certificate.  I keep receiving the certificate chain trust issue error.

In frustration I am giving up trying to use SSL but I have run into the issue I faced at the beginning which caused me to start using SSL.  I cannot connect to the application from the internet without SSL.  I am receiving the error "Internal Server Error" on the web page with the error being reported at the server:

15:05:18,581 ERROR [org.keycloak.adapters.AdapterDeploymentContext] (default task-32) request scheme: http ssl required
15:05:18,581 ERROR [io.undertow.request] (default task-32) UT005023: Exception handling request to /ag-push/index.html: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't resolve relative url from adapter config.

I am pretty sure that it is being rejected because SSL is required but the settings for Require SSL in the app are set to None.

HELP!  I am going no where fast.