[Aerogear-users] cordova plugin on android platform not working

[Aerogear-users] cordova plugin on android platform not working

Rodrigo Del Canto
Hello guys,

I trying to test the Aerogear push plugin for cordova with android but is not working.

this is my configuration:

1. mac os x

2. $ cordova -v

5.1.1

4. I'm importing the android project to eclipse to build it there.

and I get this dependencies errors:

- The import android.support cannot be resolved

- The import org.jboss.aerogear.android cannot be resolved

Inline image 1

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Rodrigo.

Re: [Aerogear-users] cordova plugin on android platform not working

Daniel Passos
Hey Rodrigo,

Looking for you screenshot Cordova is creating the Android skeleton for Android Studio not for eclipse. (See gradle)

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Rodrigo Del Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello guys,

I trying to test the Aerogear push plugin for cordova with android but is not working.

this is my configuration:

1. mac os x

2. $ cordova -v

5.1.1

4. I'm importing the android project to eclipse to build it there.

and I get this dependencies errors:

- The import android.support cannot be resolved

- The import org.jboss.aerogear.android cannot be resolved

Inline image 1

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Rodrigo.

-- Passos

Re: [Aerogear-users] cordova plugin on android platform not working

Kelvin Lunsford

The new plugin version uses maven repositories for some dependent libraries.  You need to add some local repositories in Eclipse.

Go to the SDK Manager (Eclipse -> Window -> Android SDK Manager) and install Extras->Android Support Repository, and Extras->Google Repository.

That will fix "android.support" and google play services problems. I'm not sure if it will fix your "org.jboss.aerogear.android" problem.

In the new plugin version the aerogear libraries (android core, pipe, and push) are listed in a dependencies.gradle file.  If the libraries do not get pulled at install or when the repositories are added you might try doing a CLI cordova build (or maybe just a prepare) to see if they get pulled.

- Kelvin

Re: [Aerogear-users] cordova plugin on android platform not working

Erik Jan de Wit
Hi

You don't need to open the project with eclipse you can build and deploy with the cordova command line, if you want to use eclipse to open the project I suggest installing Thym (eclipse plugin for cordova)

--
Cheers,
       Erik Jan