[Aerogear-users] does the Android API support new user sign up?

[Aerogear-users] does the Android API support new user sign up?

Ting Liu

Hi,

      I am interested in using Aerogear’s Android API for user login and new user sign up. I have tried org.jboss.aerogear.android.authorization.AuthorizationManager, with the sample app shootandshare(https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-cookbook/tree/master/ShootAndShare), and it seems that it works with existing user log in.

              I wonder whether it supports new user sign up or not? If so, what API to call? And how to set up on the server side? Thanks.

Ting

Re: [Aerogear-users] does the Android API support new user sign up?

Summers Pittman
Hi Ting!

The Authz module implements OAuth2 which does not specify a method for user sign up.  Therefore you need to set up the server to handle sign up.

If you are using Keycloak you can enable it on in Realm Settings' Login tab.  (See attached).  Then, as part of sign in, the user will be able to create an account.  This is compatible with the Android Authz library (and if it isn't it is a bug and we need to fix it).

Summers

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Ting Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

      I am interested in using Aerogear’s Android API for user login and new user sign up. I have tried org.jboss.aerogear.android.authorization.AuthorizationManager, with the sample app shootandshare(https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-cookbook/tree/master/ShootAndShare), and it seems that it works with existing user log in.

              I wonder whether it supports new user sign up or not? If so, what API to call? And how to set up on the server side? Thanks.

Ting

Screenshot from 2016-07-07 08-46-18.png (96K) Download Attachment