Quantcast

Android sound and vibrate

eugeneb
Is any way to disable notification sound and vibrate for Android from this plugin?

Re: [Aerogear-users] Android sound and vibrate

Erik Jan de Wit
The plugin doesn't set sound and vibration, maybe that is something that is set on os level.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 4:56 AM, eugeneb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is any way to disable notification sound and vibrate for Android from this
plugin?

Cheers,
       Erik Jan

Re: [Aerogear-users] Android sound and vibrate

eugeneb
Thank you Erik for your quick answer.
Based on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7655164/android-notification-sound-disable
I see it can be done on plugin level.
For Ios devices I can control sound from the backend. In Android so far I see I can only provide custom sound file in payload  https://developers.google.com/cloud-messaging/http-server-ref, and still it doesn't have vibrate control. So even if I provide quite sound file I can't disable vibrate.
Latest Android OS doesn't provide notification sound/vibrate control on app level.
Still looking for right solution. Any other ideas?

Re: [Aerogear-users] Android sound and vibrate

eugeneb
Thanks Erik!
So you recommend to adjust the Java code?
Is any way to make this from js when init the plugin?

Re: [Aerogear-users] Android sound and vibrate

Erik Jan de Wit
Hi,

So you recommend to adjust the Java code?

Yeah, that would be the quick way for you to continue working

Is any way to make this from js when init the plugin?

Yep, that would be the long term solution, I've created this jira for it AGCORDOVA-131 [1]

Cheers,
       Erik Jan

Re: [Aerogear-users] Android sound and vibrate

eugeneb
Hi Erik,
it would be great help to have this control!

Thanks again!