How to configure logging on OpenShift?

mo

How to configure logging on OpenShift?

mo
Hi,

I'm trying to get more log messages out of AeroGear Unified Server.  We used "AeroGear Unified Push Server 1.0.2 on JBoss" cartridge to host the server on OpenShift.  How should I go about customizing logging in this environment?

I've naively added a "./.openshift/config/standalone.xml" (with custom logging) to my template repository.  It did not get deployed.

Thank you,

Michi Oshima

P.S.: I'm currently setting up my development environment by following the instructions provided in another thread.  Summers, thank you very much for the info.

Re: [Aerogear-users] How to configure logging on OpenShift?

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi Michi,

here is an info from an older thread:

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM, mo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get more log messages out of AeroGear Unified Server.  We used
"AeroGear Unified Push Server 1.0.2 on JBoss" cartridge to host the server
on OpenShift.  How should I go about customizing logging in this
environment?

I've naively added a "./.openshift/config/standalone.xml" (with custom
logging) to my template repository.  It did not get deployed.

Thank you,

Michi Oshima

P.S.: I'm currently setting up my development environment by following the
instructions provided in another thread.  Summers, thank you very much for
the info.

Re: [Aerogear-users] How to configure logging on OpenShift?

Karel Piwko
Hello Michi,

are you talking about AG AS7 cartridge [1]? I'm afraid this is not possible without manually editing content from provisioned cartridge (see instructions from Matthias), looking into original AS7 cartridge, the hook responsible for loading custom configuration was removed [2] [3].

I have NOT filled a feature request to make it possible as this feature is available for WildFly one (you just need to put file there and enable via ENV variable) [4] as AS7 cartridge have been officially deprecated.

Cheers,

Karel