Is Jboss EAP 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

Is Jboss EAP 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

jeff01
This post was updated on .
I look into the github code repository for AeroGear UPS, I did not see as7 folder any more after Version 1.1.3-final under "servers" folder. Does this mean it will not support Jboss EAP any more in and after version 1.2? If this is the case, will the wildfly version of .war file work in as7 like JBoss EAP 6.4? Can anyone clarify?

Thank you.

Re: [Aerogear-users] Is Jboss AS 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

jeff01
This post was updated on .
I am revamping up this thread as I still did not see Jboss was supported in
the latest 1.2.0-Final release. In the dist packake, I only see
unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war provided.

Can any one confirm if JBoss is still supported and where can we find the
.war release for 1.2.0-Final for JBOss AS? Thank you.

--
Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/

Re: [Aerogear-users] Is Jboss AS 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

Matthias Wessendorf
1.2.0 UPS is WF 10 or later

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 5:38 PM, jeff01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am revamping up this thread as I still did not see Jboss was supported in
the latest 1.2.0-Final release. In the dist packake, I only see
unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war provided.

Can any one confirm if JBoss is still supported and where can we find the
.way release for 1.2.0-Final for JBOss AS? Thank you.

--
Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/

Re: [Aerogear-users] Is Jboss AS 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

jeff01
I looked into the history. The AS7 build was removed since 03/18/2017 since 1.2.0 development. Any reason why and how to add them back? If someone can give directions, I can add it back. https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commits/master/servers/pom.xml Commits on Mar 18, 2016 @matzew@lfryc Remove AS7 WAR and references matzew committed with lfryc on Mar 18, 2016 https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/14dae3fed27656ca65d44dc50806a62bdb03430b#diff-81882a40fd327815a95c9af82ee9f0d7 - auth-server - ups-as7 --- >> This was taken out after march 2016. - ups-wildfly -

Re: [Aerogear-users] Is Jboss EAP 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

jeff01
I filed a related Jira request here:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-1759

--
Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/

Re: [Aerogear-users] Is Jboss EAP 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

jeff01
Thanks Mr. Matthias Wessendorf. We are using Jboss EAP 6.4, trying to upgrade
to Aerogear UPS 1.2.0-Final (JDK 1.8 required). Will  Aerogear UPS
1.2.0-Final run in Jboss EAP 6.4, do do we have to upgrade to Jboss EAP 7
first? What is the minimum version number of Jboss EAP to run Aerogear UPS
1.2.0-Final ?

--
Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/

Re: [Aerogear-users] Is Jboss EAP 6.4.0 GA still supported by Aerogear UPS?

jeff01
Thanks for the reply.

Has this only .war file included in the 1.2.0-Final distribution, i.e.,
unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war, ever being tested working with JBoss EAP7?

Where is the unifiedpush-auth-server.war included in previous releases? Is
it NOT required in 1.2.0-Final release as it is NOT included in the release
bundle.

However, no documentations ever mentioned unifiedpush-auth-server.war or
unifiedpush-server-as7.war in  1.2.0-Final release, yet neither of them is
included in the official release.

Now after I dropped the unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war as suggested into
Jboss EAP7 running JDK 1.8, unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war.failed shows this
error:

"{\"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services\" =>
{\"jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./ag-push\" =>
\"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./ag-push:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 1:
${ups.auth.server.url}
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path
at index 1: ${ups.auth.server.url}
    Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at
index 1: ${ups.auth.server.url}\"}}"

What does this really mean? Can anyone help? I followed the instructions by
word at: https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#deploy

To Aerogear UPS team,

We may really need to spend some time on the documentation as this is
impacting adoption. I have advocated this product since early stages but now
the documentation is really out of sync. Now I have concerns recommending
this product to new projects if this does not seem to improve. It is now so
confusing to get Aerogear UPS up and running from anew or from an older
version in the case of upgrade. I can volunteer my time but we need someone
from the team who knows the new version of this product to step up and lead
this effort.

Thank you.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM, jeff01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Has this only .war file included in the 1.2.0-Final distribution, i.e.,
unifiedpush-server-wildfly.war, ever being tested working with JBoss EAP7?

correct - as said before: bring your own Keycloak.
1.2.0 only has the ups specific war.

tested on WildFly 10.x and 11-CR1.

We also have full docker support, w/ WF 10.1:

Where is the unifiedpush-auth-server.war included in previous releases? Is
it NOT required in 1.2.0-Final release as it is NOT included in the release
bundle.

bring your own keycloak (aka auth server)

However, no documentations ever mentioned unifiedpush-auth-server.war or
unifiedpush-server-as7.war in  1.2.0-Final release, yet neither of them is
included in the official release.

the as7 thing is gone, so is auth (keycloak). doc is, like said before not up to date, but I have gave several pointers to the READMEs on the ag repo

[...]

as said before, here are is the latest doc:

or directly on our dockerfiles repo

Please go w/ that, since the website is currently not up to date.

To Aerogear UPS team,

We may really need to spend some time on the documentation as this is
impacting adoption. I have advocated this product since early stages but now
the documentation is really out of sync. Now I have concerns recommending
this product to new projects if this does not seem to improve. It is now so
confusing to get Aerogear UPS up and running from anew or from an older
version in the case of upgrade. I can volunteer my time but we need someone
from the team who knows the new version of this product to step up and lead
this effort.

Thanks - I will also try to scratch something, will share PR for improvements. Thanks for the offer!

PS: Keycloak has their own docs, on keycloak.org

Thank you.

--
Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/