The google play service version

Flynn
Hello all,
      There are some questions about version. I'm now want my app to support from android 4.1.2. So I use an emulator with this android version. I first tried the native aerogear android code example(got from Aerogear  web site and Github), the system remind me to update the google-play-service.
      Now the question is if I use the Aerogear cordova push plugin, will I face the same problem? Which version of the plugin support the android 4.1.2? And does this also relate to the Cordova version? Because now I'm using Cordova 6 which can only use android 5.2.2 to build.

      Another question is when the device reboot and my app hasn't started, then a push notification is sent from Aerogear. For this case, can the device receive the notification if I use the Aerogear cordova push plugin to develop my app. I tried on Android 5.1.1 seems can't receive it.

     Thanks.

Regards,
Flynn

Re: [Aerogear-users] The google play service version

Summers Pittman

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Flynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,
      There are some questions about version. I'm now want my app to support
from android 4.1.2. So I use an emulator with this android version. I first
tried the native aerogear android code example(got from Aerogear  web site
and Github), the system remind me to update the google-play-service.
      Now the question is if I use the Aerogear cordova push plugin, will I
face the same problem? Which version of the plugin support the android
4.1.2? And does this also relate to the Cordova version? Because now I'm
using Cordova 6 which can only use android 5.2.2 to build.

I'm not a Cordova expert, but I would assume that the latest Cordova Plugin works fine.  Give it a shot and let us know.

      Another question is when the device reboot and my app hasn't started,
then a push notification is sent from Aerogear. For this case, can the
device receive the notification if I use the Aerogear cordova push plugin to
develop my app. I tried on Android 5.1.1 seems can't receive it.

I can't speak for Cordova, but with AeroGear Android native you can create in your manifest a meta-data entry which creates a handler that is set up when the push message is receieve.  This handler can start enough of your app to handle the message.  (See here :https://github.com/feedhenry-templates/pushstarter-android-app/blob/master/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml#L36 )

     Thanks.

Regards,
Flynn