UPS High Availability

aamagdi
Hi

I planning to deploy UPS 1.1 with a cluster configuration on jBoss 6.4, I want to ask about UPS high availability capabilities.

For example for the below scenario:
1- A call sent to UPS rest sender api for a push notification with out define any aliases / variant or categories.
2- UPS have about 10,000 registered mobile devices.
3- What I have understand from UPS guide that the default batch size is 1000 so this call will be split into 10 batches each batch have 1000 device, and UPS will start sending one batch after another.
4- After sending two batches the sever goes down or some failure occurred.
5- Switching to the second server node of the UPS
Will it resume sending the request handled by the first node? or the request will lost?

Thanks,
Abdalla

Re: [Aerogear-users] UPS High Availability

Matthias Wessendorf

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:02 PM, aamagdi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I planning to deploy UPS 1.1 with a cluster configuration on jBoss 6.4, I
want to ask about UPS high availability capabilities.

For example for the below scenario:
1- A call sent to UPS rest sender api for a push notification with out
define any aliases / variant or categories.
2- UPS have about 10,000 registered mobile devices.
3- What I have understand from UPS guide that the default batch size is 1000
so this call will be split into 10 batches each batch have 1000 device, and
UPS will start sending one batch after another.

yeah, for iOS it will be 2k soon:

4- After sending two batches the sever goes down or some failure occurred.
5- Switching to the second server node of the UPS
Will it resume sending the request handled by the first node? or the request
will lost?
atm we do not support this, out of the box.
Can you create a JIRA for this, so that we can schedule it ?

Thanks,
Matthias

Thanks,
Abdalla