WeldException: duplicate class definition

mo

WeldException: duplicate class definition

mo
Hi,

I'm not sure the significance of this, but I'm going to report an error I'm seeing.  Scenario is a bit complicated and may not be relevant to anything or anybody, so I apologize beforehand.

Again, I use: https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push

I get the following error when I attempt to attempt a duplicate registration.  That is, when I attempt to register the same item the second time.

Error:

2015/07/06 13:27:50,138 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/ag-push].[org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.rest.RestApplication]] (http-127.5.38.1-127.5.38.1-8080-3) Servlet.service() for servlet org.jboss.aerogear.unifiedpush.rest.RestApplication threw exception: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.WeldException: by java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of  org/jboss/modules/ModuleClassLoader): attempted  duplicate class definition for name: "org/jboss/weldx/persistence/EntityManager$-1934315144$Proxy$_$$_Weld$Proxy$"

Why do I do duplicate registration?  Not for any good reason.  It's because:

1. I'm currently testing reconnection (navigator.push.reconnect()).
2. I cannot determine whether I've registered with unified push server previously.  (See one of my recent posts for details.)  So I end up attempting registration with unified push server when I reconnect.

Note:

1. My client application registers 8 channels.
2. Unified push server doesn't fail all 8 duplicate registrations.  It fails about a half of them randomly.
3. Just to show that I did some research: a ticket that mentions a similar error.  It's funny, the ticket was filed for aerogear, apparently by mistake.

If anyone is interested, I can make an entire server.log that contains the error and its context.

Re: [Aerogear-users] WeldException: duplicate class definition

Matthias Wessendorf
hi

the stack indicates a JBoss AS7 instance (due to catalina)

Can you launch a complete new instance (now based on WildFly)?

Note: there is no longer SimplePush on the cartirdge, means:
- use the Mozilla Network(wss://push.services.mozilla.com)
- use the SimplePush facility of your existing instance

Thanks,
Matthias

error <https://developer.jboss.org/thread/197298?tstart=0>  .  It's funny,
the ticket was filed for aerogear, apparently by mistake.

If anyone is interested, I can make an entire server.log that contains the
error and its context.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

mo

Doh.  I will do that immediately.  Thanks, Matthias.
mo

Re: [Aerogear-users] WeldException: duplicate class definition

mo
Hi Matthias,

Matthias Wessendorf wrote
I'm not finding any information on "wss://push.services.mozilla.com".  Would you help me out?

Re: [Aerogear-users] WeldException: duplicate class definition

Matthias Wessendorf
That's the WebSocket URL of Mozilla's SimplePush Server, our JS lib has support baked in for it:

How do your JS clients connect against your SimplePush Server? via our lib? Or your own, custom JS APIs ?

Thanks,
Matthias

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:01 PM, mo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Matthias,

Matthias Wessendorf wrote